Thursday, November 29, 2012

11.28.12 ANONYMOUS


ANONYMOUS

I remember the day it happened, like it was yesterday. He told me that it was all normal and that we were just playing a game. He said that people did this all the time. I was 3 years old, he was 4. The game? The details don’t matter, but what does is that it was sexual and it was wrong. That was the first time I remember being sexual molested. From the time I was 3 until 18, I would be sexually assaulted by different people, some my age, others older all in the guise of the “game” I learned at 3 years of age.
It wasn’t until I was married that all of the memories flooded back. I was faced with the harsh reality that I had been abused. You see in my mind, the stories had all changed. They were stories of victory where I would defeat my opponent in this “game.” But as I had to come to terms with what had happened, the truth flooded back. I had not been victorious, I had been the victim.  However, the story does not end there.
In having to face the reality, I began to realize that I didn’t have to be the victim. I sought help to deal with the trauma, the pain. What freedom I found in recognizing that even though I had been victimized, I could overcome. Through prayer, inner healing, and daily confession of Hope, I now stand free of all of the assault. I can literally say, it has no hold on me. I am free! I encourage you to deal with what happened. Don’t be the victim, be the victory. Let your trial be you triumph. Conquer, don’t be conquered. If I can do it then you can, too! There are many resources out there and I more than anyone know the freedom there is in bringing what is hidden in darkness to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment